Monday, July 12, 2010

Email

On my end, some interesting things have happened. The missions are now combined. The 90 year old sister Pickelein got baptised and confirmed. And my first cycle is over (6 weeks in the field). My companion is getting transferred after serving 1 year here....life is going to get tough, cause he knew this place like the back of his hand, so I never learned which busses/trains go where, etc. I also never really used the phone, so I don't know the good people to bring with to appointments, etc.

Normally, you get 2 cycles with your golden trainer, but I am just getting one. But I am kind of excited for my new companion. Everyone seems to think I will get along with him really well.

We found a lady with 2 little babies that wants to hear our message. She has taken the first 2 discussions and may come to a ward Summer Party on Wednesday.

We also got contact with this lady who initially had no interest, but wanted us to help her move. Well, that didn't really work out, cause they moved before they told us they would. However, she was impressed that we kept coming back, so she agreed to meet with us. She is also bringing 5 or 6 friends who want to hear whats up with our church helping people. Jehovah's Witnesses don't really do that, so they want to know who we really are.

Hope life is cool in Irvine, cause the weather is ridiculously hot and humid in Germany. We have an elder from south Carolina and he says the weather reminds him of home.....

-Elder Schuetz

No comments:

Post a Comment